Congratulations Hill City Elementary!
Congratulations students and staff! Hill City Elementary has been recognized by the Department of Education as a 2019-2020 Title I Distinguished School. The Distinguished Schools designation recognizes the highest-performing Title I schools in Georgia, which means our school is among the top 5%.
Santa is Coming to Hill City!
Come have your picture made with the Jolly Old Elf! Santa will be here on Friday, December 13th, from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. A photo CD is available for $10. PTO will have crafts and a full concession stand available too.
HCES Holiday Shoppe
Our PTO will have the HCES Holiday Shoppe open the week of December 9th. Students will be able to purchase gifts for family and friends. Gift prices range from $0.50 to $7.00 and all gifts will come home wrapped and ready to place under the tree.
Welcome Mercy and Watson!
Hill City Elementary had special visitors in AG class. Mercy and Watson, Hereford pigs, came to school for the day. Named after the Mercy Watson book series by Kate DiCamillo, they literally brought the book characters to life for our narrative writing unit. Students squealed with excitement as many reported never having seen nor touched a real pig before. We are so thankful our new AG program has allowed Hill City Hawks to experience these unique curriculum connections.
Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to Amanda Jones, Hill City Elementary's Teacher of the Year! As one of our first-grade teachers, Mrs. Jones is dedicated to enriching her students' lives both academically and socially. Plus, her genuine smile is contagious!
School Advisory Council
Hill City Elementary's School Advisory Council members are parents, community members, and administrators that meet several times throughout the year to focus on increasing parent and family engagement to ensure student success.
Have You Visited Our Little Free Library?
Hill City Elementary has a Little Free Library at the front curb of our school's parking lot. It is stocked with books just waiting to be read! The Little Free Library is a "book-sharing box." Feel free to borrow, read, and return books often.
Our School Mission
We will educate our students in a safe, nurturing, respectful, and fiscally responsible environment that holds the highest expectation.
The HAWKS Vision
- Each student will have the opportunity to learn, to be successful, and to become a good citizen.
- All students can learn; however, some learn by different methods and at different speeds.
- Teaching and learning best take place in a safe and nurturing environment.
- The education of each student must be an effort that involves the support and participation of the school, parents, and community.
- Schools are accountable for student achievement and should strive for continuous improvement.
- Quality education requires fiscally responsible expenditures for quality staff, programs, facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Recruiting, employing, and nurturing dedicated, well-qualified, and highly professional employees are important to a successful education program.
- All staff should have access to standards-based, collaborative staff development to improve professional skills.
- All policy, administrative, instructional, and educational support decisions should be based on student needs.
- Extracurricular activities are important in the overall development of students, and these experiences contribute to academic success.