Veterans Day Lunch
Hill City Elementary would be honored to buy lunch for our veterans and their spouse on Friday, November 8, 2019. Please join us in the cafeteria during your child or grandchild's regular lunchtime. Family members, please make sure any visitors are on your child's contact list.
Nursing Home Angels Project
Our community service project, Nursing Home Angels, runs October 28th - November 22nd. We are collecting donations to make Holiday Care Kits for nursing home residents in our county. Please place donations in the boxes in our front lobby. Thank you in advance for showing love for some of our senior residents.
Community Story Time
Families in our Hill City community with children ages 4 and under are invited for a family engagement event on Thursday, October 21st, at 10:00 a.m. in the media center. It will include a story and a book to take and read at home. Contact: Suzanne Hardison, #706-253-1880 or email@example.com
Thanksgiving Lunch: November 20th
Our annual Thanksgiving luncheon will be on Wednesday, 11/20/19. Lunch for visitors is $5.00. Pre-sale lunch tickets will be available, however, they will also be sold on the day of the event. Please ensure all visitors are on your child's contact list as I.D.'s will be checked at the door. We look forward to seeing you for lunch!
U.S. Assistant Secretary Frank Brogan's Visit
Hill City Elementary was honored to welcome U. S. Department of Education Assistant Secretary Frank Brogan recently. Thanks to our new elementary agriculture program, our school was selected for his "Back to School" tour of innovative schools. After touring the outdoor Agricenter and agriculture classroom, Mr. Brogan commended all for taking the lead with this program.
Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to Amanda Jones, Hill City Elementary's Teacher of the Year! As one of our first-grade teachers, Mrs. Jones is dedicated to enriching her students' lives both academically and socially. Plus, her genuine smile is contagious!
School Advisory Council
Hill City Elementary's School Advisory Council members are parents, community members, and administrators that meet several times throughout the year to focus on increasing parent and family engagement to ensure student success.
Have You Visited Our Little Free Library?
Hill City Elementary has a Little Free Library at the front curb of our school's parking lot. It is stocked with books just waiting to be read! The Little Free Library is a "book-sharing box." Feel free to borrow, read, and return books often.
Our School Mission
We will educate our students in a safe, nurturing, respectful, and fiscally responsible environment that holds the highest expectation.
The HAWKS Vision
- Each student will have the opportunity to learn, to be successful, and to become a good citizen.
- All students can learn; however, some learn by different methods and at different speeds.
- Teaching and learning best take place in a safe and nurturing environment.
- The education of each student must be an effort that involves the support and participation of the school, parents, and community.
- Schools are accountable for student achievement and should strive for continuous improvement.
- Quality education requires fiscally responsible expenditures for quality staff, programs, facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Recruiting, employing, and nurturing dedicated, well-qualified, and highly professional employees are important to a successful education program.
- All staff should have access to standards-based, collaborative staff development to improve professional skills.
- All policy, administrative, instructional, and educational support decisions should be based on student needs.
- Extracurricular activities are important in the overall development of students, and these experiences contribute to academic success.